Best of Britain (Winter 2019 2020)
About London, United Kingdom
- Devon: Savour an unforgettable Celebration Dinner at The Riverford Field Kitchen who believe 'great food tastes even better when you enjoy it with other people'. Join your Travel Director and newfound friends for the ultimate Farm-to-Table dining experience with mouthwatering meals prepared from organic seasonal produce, freshly-picked from the surrounding fields, and of course served with a glass of wine.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B), 1 Dinner (D) and 2 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
Stay in Style
- York: The Hilton York is situated within the city walls, close to the York Minster and the best this city has to offer.
- Edinburgh: Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is situated in Edinburgh’s beautiful old town, within walking distance of the Scottish Parliament building.
- Glasgow: The Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow features award-winning architecture, boasting a stunning atrium and rooms with wall-to-ceiling windows.
- Bowness-on-Windermere: The Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is contained in a 17th century building and rests on the shores of Windermere, England’s largest lake.
- Cardiff: Clayton Hotel Cardiff is located in the heart of the city on St. Mary Street, just a short walk from Cardiff's premium sporting facility, Millennium Stadium.
- Cornish Countryside: Enjoy the best of Cornish hospitality at the plush St. Mellion International Resort, featuring a unique blend of contemporary style and unique facilities sprawled across 450 acres of peaceful countryside.
Top Rated Highlights
- Edinburgh: A hush descends and eyes turn to the castle. The skirl of the pipes rises and drums crack the night air as a tide of tunics and tartan flood from the drawbridge. For a limited time in August, witness the incredible spectacle of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.
- Stratford: To see or not to see? Visit the timber-framed building where Shakespeare was born and grew up. Then enjoy some time to explore this pretty town.
- York: Walk with your Travel Director within the city walls to see the York Minster and crocked Shambles.
- Hadrian's Wall: Stop to see part of the ancient wall that once marked the border of the Roman Empire.
- Jedburgh: See the Abbey, now in ruins.
- Edinburgh: Walk with a Local Expert within the walls of the majestic castle perched on its rock, to view the Scottish Crown Jewels, Stone of Destiny and Mons Meg.
- Edinburgh: Your Local Expert reveals why this is Scotland's City of Culture. Explore the city as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the Queen, Palace of Holyroodhouse.
- Glasgow: See the grand public buildings, including George Square and St. Mungo's Cathedral.
- Stirling: Travel via the historic site of Bannockburn and view Stirling Castle.
- Grasmere: Learn about the life of the poet William Wordsworth and visit his grave.
- Ludlow: See the walls of the castle and Jacobean buildings.
- Cardiff: During an orientation with your Travel Director, see the castle and Principality Stadium.
- Bath: Visit the ancient Roman Baths with its colonnaded pool filled by natural thermal springs. Explore the city with your Travel Director and witness the town's fine Georgian architecture.
- Bath: During an orientation you will see the Royal Crescent, Pulteney Bridge and Bath Abbey.
- Glastonbury: Pass the ruined Abbey where King Arthur is allegedly buried when you visit this town, famous for its yearly music festival.
- Plymouth: During your orientation tour with your Travel Director see Plymouth Hoe and the Citadel then continue to the Barbican and Mayflower Steps. Then head out to explore a quaint Cornish fishing village.
- Stonehenge: Visit the mysterious circle of upright stones, which stands as strong today as it did 3,500 years ago.
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the beautiful Scottish countryside and scenery of the Trossachs and Loch Lomond before continuing through the English Lake District, over Severn Bridge and past Dartmoor and the Welsh Marshes.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.